Monday, October 25, 2010

Power Jack 5000 watts

4 comments

12v 5000 watt continuous, 87% efficiency. Modified Sine wave.

4 Responses so far.

  1. Rob says:

    STAY AWAY! The list of things wrong with this inverter is way too long to list. On top of running at HALF of the 5000 watts max, I couldn't run more than 2500-2600 watts without the inverter turning off. This unit completely smoked on me after 4 months. The manufacturer told me to check the fuses inside. I found loose solder, improper assembling, and VERY cheap looking interior. They would not repair this for me, and I am out my money.

  2. Seth Michale says:

    This piece of junk couldn't even run my microwave without beeping. This unit has more like a 50% efficiency. I had to buy a bigger model from another brand that works at 5000 watts. My unit also has something loose inside, I can hear it rattling. I would say this is a very low end inverter.

  3. reggie says:

    I thought I got a good deal on this unit, had it running for 1 month. As my kettle was running on it, I heard a loud pop, and smoke starting coming out of the back where the fans are. I had everything connected properly, even had an inline fuse. You get what you pay for, I should have read reviews and known not to buy this.

  4. Chris says:

    Junk is being polite! I purchased the Power Jack 8000/16000w pure sine wave model. It could not even run my 800w microwave and burnt out after 1 day of use. Sent it back to China (at great cost) and had it replaced with an obviously secondhand unit. It burnt out after 10 mins with minimal load.

    I also have a 3000w/9000w Power Star M7 pure sine and 5000/1000w KipInt modified sine inverter. Both these inverters are great and each can easily run the same microwave and a lot more.

    Power Jack sellers get out of their crap performance by stating the startup loads of equipment can be up to 10 times their stated wattage. For example they say a kettle needs at least an 8000w inverter. This is rubbish, my 3000w Power Star inverter can easily run a kettle, power saw, large screen TV, refrigerator etc.

    Stay away from Power Jack (and rebranded similar units).

 
Power Inverter Reviews © 2011